Welcome to CSN5 Padova
The CSN5 (5th Scientific Commission of INFN) coordinates technological development and research on all topics of
interest of INFN, and promotes the use of physics instruments, methods, and technologies in other sectors.
The main research areas of CSN5 are:
- accelerator development and related technologies;
- detection of particles and radiation;
- electronics, software and computing (mainly applied to the above arguments);
- interdisciplinary physics (application to medicine/biology, environment, cultural heritage, ...).
The technological development can be transferred to industrial and commercial applications through the dedicated Commission
(CNTT = National Commission for Technology Transfer).
CSN5 encourages and stimulates young researchers towards experimental physics and R&D through a dedicated grant, issued each year.
LIST OF PRESENT EXPERIMENTS
- APIX2, Resp. Loc. Gianmaria Collazuol
- AXIOMA, Resp. Loc. Giovanni Carugno
- CHIPIX65, Resp. Loc. Alessandro Paccagnella
- COSA, Resp. Loc. Michele Michelotto
- SCALTECH28, Resp. Loc. Simone Gerardin
- SEED, Resp. Loc. Piero Giubilato
- TECHN_OSP, Resp. Loc. Laura De Nardo